Saturday 12 March 2011

Ok. Alright. Let's Go.

After the bitter realisation that 'new kids on the blog' had been snapped up by eager bloggers many a blogging moon ago, I settled - after a couple of sulks, a few suggestions and many a tube-time daydream - on a name that would encompass my own name, and my penchant for pondering. If this blog is a 'wonderblog' then at least I can pretend it's a fancy of fiction, and escape the self-indulgent aspect I fear most about the blogging world.

I also wanted to be 'bloggamomma' but feared I would fail to live up to the connotations of such a big name. Plus, it was my Dad's suggestion.

I suppose the reason I have never blogged before - amongst the fear of what would come out of a diary-like outlet - was the responsibility. A blog is like a pet or a plant. It needs care and attention. I'm the girl in the office who still enjoys the cheap thrill of the swivel chair. And I didn't even take my Valentine's flowers out of the packaging.

But diligent I will be. And as far as the narcissistic side of blogging goes, looking back at my first post, I see I have made it all about myself and the overdramatic plight of choosing a blog name. Marvellous.

1 comment: